Building capacities of the developing countries in the management of technopolis, with emphasis on regulating science technology and innovations for sustainable development.
Annual UNESCO-WTA International Training Workshop
Professional Technical Assistance and policy advice in Science & Technology Park(STP) Development and management For developing countries.
The implementation of technical assistance : This will serve as a laboratory of technopolis development in each region in the world.
UNESCO and WTA have been working closely during the last several years on the development of science cities.
This cooperation is based on the awareness of UNESCO and WTA that the two exist as important synergies and complementary elements that may be enhanced for the benefit of their respective missions.
Both organizations express their intention to render assistance to each other with the goal set on improving their service and functions
- Capacity building activities for Science Cities’ stakeholders
- Provision of expertise and technical assistance in the planning, development and management of Science Cities in developing countries
- Promoting global networking among Science Cities around the world, including African and Middle Eastern countries
- Promoting research and publication on the sustainable development of science cities and technopolises
This project was designed as a novel approach to resolve the problem of technology exchanges that many countries, which require new technologies to implement their goals of sustainable development, are facing.
In April 2006, WTA and UNESCO established an official relationship at the 174th Session of the UNESCO Executive Board. WTA can be henceforth described as “NGO in operational relations with UNESCO” and starts a 5 year cooperative project with UNESCO entitled for “Capacity Building and Technical Assistance on Technopolis Development”.
Activity-Financing Contract for cooperative projects between UNESCO and WTA
Feasibility Study for 'UNESCO-WTA Center for Science City Governance'
2005 UNESCO-WTA Cooperative project : International Workshop on Science Governance
- Initative workshop organized by UNESCo and WTA
WTA is admitted to establish an official relationship with UNESCO
Establishment of UNESCO-WTA Technopolis Development Center(UWTDC)
- Located in WTA Secretariat