- Date : 11th(Tue) - 14th(Fri), Nov. 2014
- Venue : Conference Hall, INNOPOLIS Foundation
- Organizer : WTA, UNESCO
- Sponsor : Daejeon Metropolitan city, INNOPOLIS Foundation
Development of Research Park and Strengthening of University Role
Today, the innovation capacity of highly qualified human resources is one of the mostimportant factors to drive science and technology based innovation in creative economy. The hidden champions who are small but strong are the key player here to lead the success of science and technology parks (STPs) based on the cooperation with higher education institutes (HEIs) that provide the human resources and activate R&D activities.
We can agree to the fact that the HEIs that have an excellent research capacity are the driving engine to lead the success of the STPs. At the 2014 UNESCO-WTA International Training Workshop, we would like provide a platform to discuss about the role of universities as one of the facilitators of the innovation in this regard, In addition, the growth of venture firms in STP and Industry-University Collaboration will be discussed.
- Deog-Seong Oh / Prof. CNU, Rep. of Korea, Secretary General of WTA - David Ferguson / Prof. State University of New York (SUNY) st Stony Brook, USA
- Yasuo Miyakawa / Dean, Study of contemporary Japanese Society at Kogakkan University, Japan - JooChul Kim / School of Geographical Science and Urban Planning Present Academic Program Coordinator (Undergraduate BSP Program) - Shi-Chul Lee / Prof. School of Public Administration, Kyungpook National University, Rep. of Korea
- Malcolm Parry OBE / Director of Surrey Research Park at Surrey University, UK - Arcot Desai Narasimhalu / Professor of Information Systems, Singapore Management University, Singapore Director, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Singapore Management University, Singapore - Avvari V. Mohan / Associate Professor of Strategic Management Malaysia Coordinator - ICBBR and Co-chair PhD Committee Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) University of Nottingham - Malaysia Campus
- Carsten Schultz / Head of Department, Department for Technology Management, Christian-Albrechts-University at Kiel, Germany - Herbert Chen / Vice President, Tsinghua University Science Park, China - Jun-Seok Seo / Director of Future Strategy Division, INNOPOLIS Foundation, Republic of Korea
Workshop trainees have the opportunity to share the cases of developing science cities abd managing STPs in their own regions. The best cases will be presented at the Country Presentation Session. Related experts will give their resourceful advice for future development of science cities / STPs in those regions